IN THE ERA WE LIVE IN WHEN SOMEONE ASKS US TO DO SOMETHING WE WANT TO KNOW WHY!
We want to reason it out in our heads to see what benefit we have or simply if we believe in the directive.
WHEN IT COMES TO THE KINGDOM THIS IS A FORM OF REBELLION!
What? How is that rebellion?
The reasoning mind is questioning, debating, deducing if it agrees with the directive!
THIS TYPE OF THINKING IS NOT PART OF THE KINGDOM!
Eve reasoned in her thoughts concerning the directive of the King.
- The first issue is that she fostered a conversation with Satan.
- The second is that she listened to the Devil.
- The third is that she looked at the tree and reasoned that it looked good.
- The fourth is that her reasoning initiated her actions of eating the fruit.
- DISOBEDIENCE = REBELLION
Jesus did the opposite when it came to the decree of the King.
- John 5:19, So Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does.
- John 12:49, I don’t speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it.
- John 8:28, So Jesus said to them, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority, but speak just as the Father taught me.
JESUS WAS SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE HE OBEYED THE WORDS OF THE FATHER.
When we reason with the Word we are making God subservient to us.
When we reason with the commands of the King we are making Him equal.
When we reason we are in REBELLION!
WE ARE CALLED TO BE OBEDIENT EVEN IF WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR LIKE IT.
HE IS KING, and we are not.
BREAK REBELLION IN YOUR LIFE AND OBEY GOD WITHOUT REASONING WITH HIM ON IF YOU AGREE OR NOT.
Come visit us on the web at www.histabernacle.com, or watch www.hisword.tv every Sunday morning on WENY-TV ABC at 9:00am., and CBS at 8:00am. We now live stream our service every Sunday morning at 9am and 11am eastern standard time, and every Tuesday evening at 7pm is Rock Solid Faith. Dr. Spencer has launched his new website for helping ministries at www.empoweringpastors.com and www.empoweringpastorswives.com.
For a truly charismatic, Spirit-filled church experience, Pastor Micheal Spencer invites you to a time of fellowship, worship and incredible spiritual growth at His Tabernacle Family Church every Sunday morning at either 9:00am or 11:00am. Pastors Micheal and Rhonda Spencer are committed to preaching the Word with boldness and conviction, for the purpose of equipping the believers for the work of the Kingdom. We enjoy a culturally diverse congregation, with attenders from all over the world. So, whether you’re looking for a solid, Pentecostal, Bible-believing church in Elmira, a church in Corning, or a church in Ithaca, His Tabernacle Family Church in Horseheads is the church home you’ve been searching for.
Dr. Micheal Spencer
His Tabernacle Family Church
A House of Grace and Mercy