It is a MASSIVE CONCERN as we watch a whole generation become Godless.
Sadly, parents play an enormous role in the continuation or desertion of the church within the lives of the teen in their homes. The parent or the parents of the children are the temperature gauge that is placed on the children and youth, and the majority of the time, it’s the parents who determine the next generation’s spiritual hunger.
Here is a survey of why the youth of America DO NOT walk away from Jesus, and His house.
Reasons Young People Stay
Of the 30% who stay in the church during their 18-22 year-old period, according to LifeWay research, they stayed for one or more of four reasons:
- Seeing that church was a vital part of their relationship with God (65%)
- Feeling that the church could help guide them in their decisions (58%)
- Believing that church was helping them become a better person (50%)
- Being committed to the purpose and work of the church (42%)
HERE IS A KEY!
1. If the parents do not believe that the church plays a VITAL PART in their relationship with God, then the next generation will not either.
2. If the parents do not believe that the body of Christ, the Word being taught in church will HELP GUIDE THEM, then the next generation will not either.
3. If the parents do not believe that church, the corporate body will help grow them spiritually to become a BETTER PERSON, then the next generation will not either.
4. If the parents do not believe working in the Kingdom of God, and becoming committed to PURPOSE AND WORK in the church, then the next generation will not either.
WE ONLY GET ONE SHOT AT THIS!
WHEN THEY HIT THEIR TEENS THEN THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH COMMITTED TO YOUR COMMITMENTS.
THE GLUE OF THE FAMILY, THE GLUE OF THE KINGDOM IS THE PLAN OF GOD = CHURCH.
One of the greatest crimes in my eyes is when parents were brought up in church, and were given the opportunity to know God, yet rejected Him, do not even give their children the right to reject, because they did not even give them the same opportunity. PARENTS DAMNING THEIR CHILDREN.
Make the decision to save your generations by keeping Jesus number one in your life and making church a vital part of that experience.
Joshua 24:15, But if you refuse to serve the LORD, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.”
Come visit us on the web at http://www.histabernacle.com, or watch http://www.hisword.tv every Sunday morning on WENY-TV ABC at 7:30am., and CBS at 8:00am. We now live stream our service every Sunday morning at 9am and 11am eastern standard time, and every Tuesday evening at 7pm is Rock Solid Faith. Dr. Spencer has launched his new website for helping ministries at www.empoweringpastors.com.
For a truly charismatic, Spirit-filled church experience, Pastor Micheal Spencer invites you to a time of fellowship, worship and incredible spiritual growth at His Tabernacle Family Church every Sunday morning at either 9:00am or 11:00am. Pastors Micheal and Rhonda Spencer are committed to preaching the Word with boldness and conviction, for the purpose of equipping the believers for the work of the Kingdom. We enjoy a culturally diverse congregation, with attenders from all over the world. So, whether you’re looking for a solid, Pentecostal, Bible-believing church in Elmira, a church in Corning, or a church in Ithaca, His Tabernacle Family Church in Horseheads is the church home you’ve been searching for.
Dr. Micheal Spencer
His Tabernacle Family Church
A House of Grace and Mercy