I have not heard many people say this, but I have watched them say it with their lives.
They stop coming to church, reading the Bible, praying, or simply look bored if they are coming to church.
THE WORLD IS MORE EXCITING!
I’m young, and need to have fun! There are so many distractions in this world to steal the eyes and hearts of people.
ARE YOU BORED?
LET ME TELL YOU WHY!
The only way to be bored is if you are not accomplishing the plan of God.
WHAT IS THE PLAN OF GOD THAT WILL KEEP ME FROM BEING BORED?
1) Sharing the GOOD NEWS of Jesus! Telling people about Jesus! How did Jesus change your life?
- Matt. 4:17, From then on Jesus began to preach, “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”
- Matt. 4:23, Jesus traveled throughout the region of Galilee, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness.
- Matt. 24:14, And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations* will hear it; and then the end will come.
- If you are bored it means that you are not taking time to share Jesus with people that are lost.
- Here is a litmus test for you – IF YOU HAVE NOT LED ONE SOUL TO CHRIST IN A YEAR THEN YOU ARE NOT DOING GOD’S WILL AND YOU WILL BECOME BORED WITH CHRISTIANITY.
2) Discipleship! This is the plan of God. Taking a person you led to Jesus and growing them up. Parenting a new Christian.
- Matt. 28:19-20, Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- Disciple – From G3101 / Strongs Exhaustive; intransitively to become a pupil; transitively to disciple, that is, enrol as scholar: – be disciple, instruct, teach.
- We have been called to MAKE DISCIPLES!
- Here is a litmus test for you – IF YOU ARE NOT DISCIPLING ANYONE, THEN YOU ARE NOT DOING THE WILL OF GOD, AND YOU WILL BECOME BORED WITH CHRISTIANITY!
We as Christians have not been called to sit and to save, but to go into the world and reach the lost. There is a supernatural anointing, a spiritual high that comes when you are used by God to snatch a soul from Satan’s clutches.
BE A SOUL WINNER, AND A PERSON WHO DISCIPLES, AND YOU WILL NEVER BECOME BORED WITH YOUR WALK WITH GOD!
Come visit us on the web at http://www.histabernacle.com, or watch http://www.hisword.tv every Sunday morning on WENY-TV ABC at 7:30am., and CBS at 8:00am. We now live stream our service every Sunday morning at 9am and 11am eastern standard time, and every Tuesday evening at 7pm is Rock Solid Faith. Dr. Spencer has launched his new website for helping ministries at www.empoweringpastors.com.
For a truly charismatic, Spirit-filled church experience, Pastor Micheal Spencer invites you to a time of fellowship, worship and incredible spiritual growth at His Tabernacle Family Church every Sunday morning at either 9:00am or 11:00am. Pastors Micheal and Rhonda Spencer are committed to preaching the Word with boldness and conviction, for the purpose of equipping the believers for the work of the Kingdom. We enjoy a culturally diverse congregation, with attenders from all over the world. So, whether you’re looking for a solid, Pentecostal, Bible-believing church in Elmira, a church in Corning, or a church in Ithaca, His Tabernacle Family Church in Horseheads is the church home you’ve been searching for.
Dr. Micheal Spencer
His Tabernacle Family Church
A House of Grace and Mercy