Matthew 4:18-20, And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. 19Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” 20They immediately left their nets and followed Him.
Jesus called us to FOLLOW HIM!
1) This means He knows where He, and WE are going. He is not lost. Ps. 37:23, The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
2) When we FOLLOW HIM, not Him following us, then He will begin to MAKE US.
Now that we are following Him, He is making us fishers of men. That means He has given us each a pond, a lake, or even an ocean to fish out of. We are all responsible to FISH! Luke 19:10, For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.”
Here are some things not to do at your pond.
1) Don’t eat the bait (if you are eating the worms, you will have none to put on the hook). Do not keep the Gospel to yourself.
2) Do not keep the bait in the can (which means, nobody knows your a Christian, keeping Jesus all to yourself). If you were arrested today for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?
3) Do not jump in the pond (which means, do not jump in the same water and think you are going to catch them). Sinners know how a Christian should live, yet some Christians think that drinking a beer, cussing, going to a party will give them opportunity to reach the fish. I am so sorry to tell you this, BUT, the fish know that if you are the fisherman, that you do not belong where they are. Why would they want what you have, when you are swimming in the same cesspool?
2 Cor. 6:17, Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord. Don’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you.
LET’S BE WISE, GODLY, ANOINTED, FISHER PEOPLE FOR JESUS.
For a truly charismatic, Spirit-filled church experience, Pastor Micheal Spencer invites you to a time of fellowship, worship and incredible spiritual growth at His Tabernacle Family Church every Sunday morning at either 9:00am or 11:00am. Pastors Micheal and Rhonda Spencer are committed to preaching the Word with boldness and conviction, for the purpose of equipping the believers for the work of the Kingdom. We enjoy a culturally diverse congregation, with attenders from all over the world. So, whether you’re looking for a solid, Pentecostal, Bible-believing church in Elmira, a church in Corning, or a church in Ithaca, His Tabernacle Family Church in Horseheads is the church home you’ve been searching for.
Dr. Micheal Spencer
His Tabernacle Family Church
A House of Grace and Mercy